I have over 20 years of experience working as a counsellor in Hertfordshire. This includes offering counselling and therapy in primary care, higher education and in a counselling agency.
Working with Loss and Bereavement
I am particularly interested in working with people through times of transition and change in their lives. I have experience of counselling in a hospice setting with the terminally ill, the bereaved and people recovering from illness. I care about the wellbeing of people who are suffering from a major disruption to their lives such as a bereavement or illness and want to assist them in understanding their grief and coping with their loss.
Certain counselling styles suit some people more than others so I draw from a range of approaches to provide the right support for you. I am sensitive and offer a warm and supportive space to help you in whatever area you are experiencing distress. Please see my Counselling page for the kinds of problems for which I offer help.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- BA (Hons) History and Geography Integrated studies
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Psychodynamic and Person Centred)
- Post Qualifying Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Qualified Narrative Tradition Enneagram Teacher
- Accredited member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) which means I “have achieved a substantial level of training and experience that has been approved by BACP”. I work with the BACP code of ethics.
- Independent Counsellor registered with UKRCP
- Mindfulness based stress reduction course
I am committed to continuing my own professional and personal development. Also see my Enneagram page for more information about this valuable approach which I use and teach others to use.